First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday

Tillie here,

This week we are participating in First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday hosted by BibliophilebytheSea .

I'm really excited to be sharing with you Off Leash (Freelance Familiars Book 1) By Daniel Potter. 


I'm in the process of reading this really amazing story and thought I would share the First chapter, first paragraph with you as my blog contribution. :) So without farther ado Chapter one, paragraph one....

Chapter 1

It had started as a good day. Objectively that was a lie, but after six months of unemployment self-delusion becomes a survival trait. I was two days from getting booted off unemployment, with my girlfriend AWOL for the last week. By "good day" I mean I had wrestled a small drop of hope out of my heart that one of the half dozen jobs I had applied to while guzzling down iced coffees might result in an interview.


If you are interested in checking out the rest of this super fun story it can be found  here.

And be sure to click on the host blog above to check out more first chapters and other wonderful blogs :) 

Happy Reading from one excited squirrel.


Comments

  1. I love that opening! I can tell the book has some humor in it, which is always a plus. I am glad you are enjoying this one. I would definitely keep reading. Thank you for sharing! I hope you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Polite comments encouraged. Please behave in the woods.
~B.S.

Popular Posts